Thursday, August 20, 2015

August 17, 2015 - Back in Action ... sort of ....

Hola familia y amigos!

This week was better, not perfect, but better. We could actually leave the house and work and it felt great! Of course there were some days when we left to work all afternoon and then there were days when my knee was like "haha nevermind" and we had to stay inside so I could rest. but we actually accomplished a lot this week and I felt good. 

We taught a lot of menos activos this week. One is named P and she has two little babies that are the cutest. 

We also taught our investigators C and P, who have been meeting with missionaries for almost an entire year. We put them with a bautismal date! ... for November... but its still a date! and we`re going to help them progress more quickly.  They are great and we`re really excited for them. The Spirit was really strong in the lesson. 

We were able to visit a lot more people this week and set up appointments to visit them this upcoming week. We taught our recent convert E and she`s a sweetheart, She has a great testimony. She even invited her daugher to sit and and listen. 

This whole week our leader misional, R and his wife S were gone in Santiago to visit the temple and they called us almost everyday to check up on us. They are like our parents here, they are so cute. They brought us back the movies 'The Restoration' and  'Testaments' so now we can watch them with investigators! 

Friday night the ward had an awesome activity. Here in Chile the month of August is the month of cats... I have no idea why, but its an excuse to have cat - themed parties. So the ward put on a big dance party and people wore cat costumes and painted their faces and it was crazy haha. There was a dance competition and and the missionaries were the judges haha. In the end R and S won and everyone thought it was fixed, But it wasnt! They really were the best! It was a great activity. 

Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose, but I didn't think much of it. Then Sunday I woke up and it was worse, I felt awful. It was just a cold,  but my head felt like it was about to explode, I couldn't think straight. We made it through church and lunch with R and S. It was S's birthday and we had made her brownies and we celebrated together. But we came home from lunch and I could barely keep my eyes open so I slept for awhile. Today I still feel pretty sick and really congested. It's not very fun. It's rough because right when I'm starting to get back into the swing of the things I get sick.... but by tomorrow I`ll be fine. 

Today we had to wake up super early and travel to Osorno in bus so that I could go to the mission office and renew my visa.... I am old in the mission. but it all went well and we hung out in Osorno a bit. We visited the big Catholic church in el Centro, we ate lunch and did some shopping, Or rather Hna B did some shopping. She bought new rainboots because hers were already dead. I decided to just hold off because winters going to be ending soon. We just got back from Osorno, That's why we`re writing late. 
Hermana Williams and Hermana B in Osorno in front of the Catholic Church.

District photo before transfers.

Thats all I really have to say for this week, It went by really fast. Oh hna R left and hna E came! It was great to see her again. and to have a Latina in the house is awesome! Of course she`s still a bit of a clean freak, but she hasn't broken anything yet. She`s super funny still, I'm already used to her, Hna B and Hna B are still getting to know her but its all good. I'm glad that shes here. 

Thanks for all the letters and support. Love you all alot. I'm really happy to be a missionary and I know that everything in the mission happens for a reason and that Heavenly Father watches over us and I'm so grateful to be a representative of His Son Jesus Christ. 

love, Hermana Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment