Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 10, 2015 - Better

Hola familia y amigos!

Well this week was a little uneventful because we spent a lot of time in the house. My knee is doing better, it's still a little swollen now and again and some days are better than others .I just have to rest it. It's like if I think it feels good and we go out to work and I walk too much it gets swollen and hurts again. So there were a couple days when I said "I feel fine!" but everyone else told me no! "You need to rest!" So we spent a lot of time studying, and Hna B reorganized the entire house while I sat on a mattress on the floor. She wouldn't let me stand up, she had to do everything for me. She really is very selfless and patient. I'm so grateful for her!

But yeah, I think that today and tomorrow I'll be able to leave to work like a normal missionary! Maybe not for the whole day, but for a good amount of time. I've been taking medications and putting on cremes and taking Ibuprofen a lot too, and I feel good.I also bought a knee brace today so now I dont feel like my knee is going to buckle out from under me when I walk. 

This week we had intercambios with the hermanas lideres on Tuesday! Hna B's first intercambio! She was a little nervous haha. So she went with the Latina hermana to their sector; her first Latina! and I stayed with Hermana H who is actually from my group. We went out and taught some menos activos, M & M and it was a great lesson! Then we went back to the house for my knee.... but it felt really good to teach again. 

On Wednesday we left to work too in the afternoon, we visited a good amount of people and we visited a part member family and the hermano had Hna B show off her wood chopping skills, and he was pretty impressed. I'm sure he has a little crush on her now because he lent her his guitar so she could play in our house.  Now we have a guitar and that's pretty sweet! 

Thursday my knee hurt so we spent a lot of time inside.  Friday we helped paint a new preschool and we got to paint little cartoons all over the walls it was the cutest. But that involved a lot of crouching and bending of the knee so the next day we didnt leave at all cause it hurt so bad. Sunday we made it all the way through church and we sang in a musical number with some other ward members. I'm pretty sure the ward is tired of me because I've sung like 4 times already.... 

So there`s not much to report... just trying to get better. and reallyI do feel better. oh and this week we have cambios! But of course Hna. B and I are staying together and we are really excited. Hna  R is going to Los Lagos and guess who`s coming here to be Hna. Br's companion and live in the house with us??.... Hermana E!!!!!! my companion in Valdivia!!!! I'm so excited, its going to be awesome, and it will be great to have a Latina in the house to help Hna B, and really all of us with our Spanish. I just hope Hna. Espinoza doesnt destroy the house... I like our house here!! haha.

I'm happy, I'm okay! thanks for all the prayers and advice. I promise I'm trying to be good and not overdoing it. By next week I think I'll be fine. I'm really happy to be here in Puerto Varas with Hna. B and to be a missionary. I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of me, everything happens for a reason and I have faith that everything will be fine. 

Thanks for all the emails!

love, Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment