Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 12, 2015 - Miracle!!

Hola familia y amigos!

Wow this week was very crazy but wonderful all at the same time. 
I was finally able to get the results of the ct scan on my knee and the doctor told me that there is nothing seriously wrong with my knee. I have a ligament that's probably messed up a bit and swells and hurts when I walk a lot. but there is nothing broken or anything that can get worse or keep me from walking. Basically, if I walk like normal, I'm not going to mess my knee up anymore than it already is. 
Actually, the doctor told me that I need to walk, I need to exercise it and strengthen it to get over the pain. 
He told me I can continue working as a missionary,I can take off my knee brace and walk all day long without worrying. 

I don't think I`ve ever been so grateful in my entire life. It's a real miracle, honestly.I thought I was going to get sent home for surgery or something, but I get to finish my mission! Return 2016 !! The doctor told me I do need intensive therapy, but I can help my knee just the same with doing my own exercises in the house in the morning. 

The pain hasn't disappeared or anything. There was still pain this week. I had to stop and take rests. but now I don't need to worry about making my knee worse, so I can deal with the pain. 

On Wednesday we had zone conference! It was wonderful. Guess what, I saw 2 of my past companions, Hna Jenkins and Hna Espinoza and they are companions now! Crazy. Sometimes our Mission president's wife, Hna Obeso lets us call past companions on her cell phone, and I called hna Braithwaite! I told her all about my knee and it was so nice to talk to her. 

We worked really hard this week, especially because President Obeso changed our work schedule. Before, we would return back to the house to study after lunch and leave to work at 3pm.  Now we just study in the morning and we leave to work right from lunch, so we have 1 1/2 hours more to work, and we worked  a lot. We found 9 new investigators to teach this week.The zone goal was 8. that`s the most I`ve ever had. we feel pretty pumped to be working here in San Pablo. 

There are two stray dogs here named Johnnie and Rambo that follow us everywhere and bark and get into trouble with other dogs. They are really loyal to us and we love them a lot, but it's hard for us to work sometimes because they're always barking when we try to contact or knock doors. This week they attacked and killed a cat.... that was horrifying to watch. We`re afraid that people are going to think they belong to us. We`re trying to get them to leave us alone but they are too loyal. They are the biggest trial of our sector right now haha. 

On Friday we were supposed to have 6 appointments and teach 6 lessons but all of them fell through. That was hard, but we bounced back. I have to readjust myself to mission life and remember that i'ts not always rainbows and butterflies. 

I missed working a lot though. 2 months is a long time. I was still able to work in the 2 months, but not full out, full day, with all my energy. Now I'm  back to working and it's wonderful. It's still hard.I feel pain, I get real tired, my body got used to sitting in a house all day. and I forgot how hard it can all be sometimes. but this week we were able to have some really power, spiritual moments and lessons. It was great to be able to feel like an instrument in the Lords hands again. to feel the Spirit working through me. 

Hna pinto and I are having fun. She`s a really good missionary. She`s very responsible and takes a lot of initiative. She is the youngest of 4 brothers and sisters. She's really young in her family, She has nieces and nephews that are older than her haha. She`s really funny and sassy and she`s trying to learn English so sometimes we have short conversations in English. 

I'm really grateful to still be here in the mission haha. The Lord really does work miracles. Thank you for all of your prayers. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, maybe not right when we want them, but He does answer. We just have to be patient. I know God is our loving Father and Jesus Christ is His son and our Savior. 

love, Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment