Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 26, 2015 - Aperradas

Hola familia y amigos, 

This week went by very fast, but we did a lot. 
Hna. Pinto and Hna. Williams under a new umbrella

We taught our investigator who has dementia. She`s really sweet but she can't remember anything. She told us she would come to church this week, We`ll see if she remembers. 

I titled this email aperradas because that's what the Chileans say when you have lots of dogs following you "andan aperradas" It's funny for them. Yes, Johnnie and Rambo are still following you. 

On Monday Hna Pinto and I bought a dog whistle. It looks like a taser gun actually but it just radiates a high pitched whistle that we can't hear. We tried it out on the dogs Johnnie and Rambo. Turns out the only dog that it bothers is Rambo, the rest could care less. But that's okay because Rambo is the most crazy. He freaked out when he first heard it and wouldn't come near us for a couple hours, haha. I promise the dog whistle doesn't do them any harm. It just stresses them out enough to make them stop doing something. It's like conditioning and training. Rambo still follows us around but has toned down a ton, He doesn't bark or chase cars anymore. 

We helped an hermana in the ward who has been sick chop firewood. That's right, I chopped firewood for the first time. That was actually a couple weeks ago, I just forgot to tell you. but I finally learned how! I'm not very good, I'm still learning but I've lost the fear and it's actually pretty fun. 

We taught an investigator that has been learning about the church for 30 years but never got baptized... I bore the most powerful testimony I've ever given in my entire life. (The Spirit made it powerful not me) we invited her to be baptized and she said she would pray and ask God. 
Piglets in the street in San Pablo.

On Friday we traveled to osorno to the clinic to see Dr. Garcia, He told us to come back to see him so he could check my knee. We waited in the waiting room for almost 2 hours only to find out that Dr. Garcia doesn't work at the clinic anymore so they sent me to see a different doctor there who only looked at my knee for 5 minutes give me some pain meds to take if I feel pain and signed a document that says I don't need to come back. The clinic is the trial of my patience, but I'm in the clear with my knee, that's good! I can work without worrying! 

Yes I still feel pain every now and again but its not serious pain. So don't worry about me. I'm fine. 

We helped a less active member, N clear grass from her back yard. That was fun. 

On Saturday we were walking home at night and outside the church Johnnie and Rambo started attacking another little dog in the middle of the street. We tried to stop them, yell, throw rocks, the dog whistle wasn't working on them. Then suddenly a car came up and drove right through them to stop the fight and the car ran over Johnnie! We just stood in shock.  Johnnie survived and walked away but the tire ripped his left leg open on the inside, you can see bone. It was pretty traumatic. There's not much we can do for him because he`s not ours. He cant walk now, really only hobble. We`re pretty sad. We`re afraid it will get infected. Johnnie is our favorite, He`s sweet, but an hermano in the branch offered to go check on him. 

Our investigator M and her less active husband came to church! Yay! 
San Pablo after the rain.

We were able to find 9 new people to teach this week, and some of them were really special and have a real strong desire to know the truth. We`re excited. 

I don't have very much time left. I'm trying to send photos, but the computer I have is acting weird. So sorry. But I'm doing fine, still really tired but excited. We have cambios in one week. Hna Pinto and I honestly don't know what will happen. I'm good with anything, but I would like to see a baptism here in San Pablo, they haven't had one in a year. 

I know that the church is true, I know that God loves us and Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world, He loves us too. I'm so grateful to be His representative and that I get to help so many people everyday. 

love, hermana williams

No comments:

Post a Comment