Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 5, 2015 - Paciencia

Hola familia y amigos, 

This week was interesting. 

Monday and Tuesday we were able to go out to work and teach lessons and it was awesome! We still had to sit and rest or take a break and go back to the house for a bit, but we spent almost the whole day out working.

My bronchitis is better; I don't feel nearly as sick. I still have had to take tons of pills everyday but I finished them all today! I still have a cough and sometimes it's still hard to breathe, but I'm good. 

My knee has been weird. Monday and Tuesday it was fine. Then wednesday we went to the doctor and he finally gave the order to get the CT scan! But then he told me I might have to wait till next week to go and get it. Chile is weird and you cant get a ct scan asap, you have to schedule an appointment. I was worried, but then the nurse came back and said they had an opening that same day! So we hung out in Osorno for a couple hours. 

In Osorno we went to the mall to eat lunch and I ran into hno y Hna Troncoso from Puerto Varas! Hna Troncoso always came with us to appointments and drove us around places. It was so good to see them! I sent my love to Hna B and filled Hna Troncoso in on everything with me knee so she could let Hna B know I'm okay. 

We had the ct scan at 2pm but we got stuck in a long waiting room line and I was freaking out to miss my slot but we made it in. The scan only took 10 minutes, they slid me into the big round machine and then slid me out and that was it. 

We came home and left to work. then later that night my knee started to hurt like crazy... like more than it ever has... like a 8 or 9 out of 10. so of course we went home and I iced it. I think all the stress and walking in Osorno did me in. 

That same day I completed 14 months in the mission and Hna Pinto completed 9! She`s halfway through! We celebrated with homemade brownies and balloons and we bought donuts in the mall. 

Saturday was General Conference! General Conference for missionaries is better than Christmas. It's a glorious gift of modern day and personal revelation direct from the heavens!

We were able to watch conference in our branch building. We were the first people there... the Branch President arrived 5 minutes before to set up the tv and cables.... and the tv wasn't working. other people arrived and 5, 10, 15 minutes passed as we waited for the tv, internet and video to work. in the end we missed about the first half hour of Conference. The same thing happened in the second session on Saturday and we missed about 15 minutes. 

Sunday we arrived for the morning session and they once again had problems and were late setting everything up, so we missed 10 minutes of the Prophet speaking. In the afternoon the internet was really slow and it kept pausing and loading every 15 minutes. We had an investigator there and we were a little embarrassed, especially when the internet froze right in the middle of the closing prayer. It froze for like 5 minutes and we just sat there in silence haha. It finally started up again but then froze one more time. It took us 20 minutes to make it through that prayer! We couldn't help but all laugh. 

I think Heavenly Father still wants me to learn pacience, haha. 

But overall, Conference was a wonderful experience, I especially loved the talks by Sister Marriott, Elder Christofferson and Elder Kiochi Aoyagi. 

Later Sunday night we left the Conference to go work, but I guess I ate something bad that day because I got hit with serious stomach pain and the runs... it was not fun. Theres my bad luck again haha. We weren't able to work the rest of the night.

Today we finally went to see Dr. Garcia to see the results of my ct scan. I have to be honest I was kind of an emotional wreck this week. I was so nervous to know what the results would be. But the conference helped me find answers and calm my fears. But that didn't keep me from being at least a little anxious. We arrived in his office and he told us that that results hadn't arrived yet! I will have to come back tomorrow in the afternoon! Talk about trial of my pacience haha. 

It's been an emotional rollercoaster this week, but the Lord has spoken peace to my mind and given me tons of tender mercies. I think I'm going to be okay. I know that He takes care of his missionaries. This week I think I finally learned to be able to say "que sea tu voluntad Padre" thy will done father. I know that God lives, He is our loving Heavenly Father, He speaks to us through prophets, apostles and the quiet whisperings of the Holy Ghost. I know that He, and His son Jesus Christ are the fountain of my hope for a better future. 

Thank you for all your love and support!

love, Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment