Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August 31, 2015 - 13 Months

Hola familia y amigos!

Well this week I completed 13 months in the mission. That means 5 more months until it ends. I can count it on 1 hand. Thats weird. I don;t like this feeling. this month has gone by very very fast but at the same time very very slow. 

Well my knee has good days and bad days and I'm kind of just taking it one day at a time. I still haven't gone to see a doctor. I`ve been trying to remind the leaders so they can remind President to look for someone.  I kind of have to wait patiently. We only have 3 weeks of this transfer left which is weird because I feel like we just got here! 
Hermana B and Hermana Williams

On Tuesday we had intercambios with the hermanas leaders and Hna B went to Puerto Montt in their sector and I stayed here in Puerto Varas with Hna O! She was my Hermana leader in Valdivia so it was super fun to be with her again. We were able to go out and work the whole day! It felt awesome, we taught 2 menos activos and we taught really well together and it felt so good to be in a lesson and feel the Spirit and it made me fall in love with being a missionary all over again. 

But the next day we didn't go out much because the consequence of working all day on Tuesday was having a swollen, throbbing knee on Wednesday! so that was fun.... we studied a lot. 

Thursday we taught our new investigator M.L. and she read The Restoration pamphlet and said she believes it's all true and she`s super excited to read the Book of Mormon. She even came to church on Sunday with her member friend and she stayed all 3 hours. We`re super excited for her. The first time we taught her she had no make up on and was in pajamas but the second time she had dressed herself up more, cleaned the house, and she said she felt really good, excited to learn more and that a space in her heart was finally being filled.  Lots of prayers!

We had a noche de hogar with S and R, our adoptive parents, and it was great. We gave the lesson on conversion and the Spirit was super strong and everyone was crying then we finished and ate salmon! Chileans are hilarious and loud and we are one big happy family. 
Hermana Williams and B made "las once" or Chilean afternoon tea.

In church we had miracles happen. First of all, M.L. came and it was a really good experience for her, There were tons of people that came up and introduced themselves and were friendly and sat next to her. 
Plus 2 menos activos that we've been teaching, M  and M came to church! It was awesome, they haven't come in years! it was great to see them, We didn't even have to pester and call them they just both came and we were so happy! I felt like they really were miracles from the Lord because I did absolutely nothing. I was very grateful. 

Shout out to Elder Williams, have fun on the Island with his companion, Elder A! I know you`ll be just fine! Heavenly Father takes care of His missionaries. 

love, Hermana Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment