Thursday, July 16, 2015

June 22, 2015 - Tender Mercies of the Lord

hola familia y amigos!

This week went by way too fast. 

This week was also a little hard... we weren't able to have any lessons with members. we tried going out with members many times but it was the investigators who were never home or who canceled on us. It was rough going from having 5 lessons to 0 in one week. plus we weren't even really able to teach much and we had two menos activos who dropped us, told us they didn't want us to pass by to visit them anymore. so I will be honest and say that I was at least a little discouraged during this week, because I didn't understand what we were doing wrong. 

But the Lord taught me this week that I wasnt doing anything wrong, rather he had other miracles and blessings waiting for us. sometimes success isn't measured by the numbers because this week I really felt like we worked hard and did our best. 

This week the big fuss in the ward was that the daughter of a member returned home from her mission in Peru and we`re really excited because she lives in our sector and that means a new member to come with us to lessons and who`s excited to work with us, She's already thinking of references to give us. Thats a big blessing.

We finally found N, the convert of hermana B who has not come to church for a long time. but she dropped us, like I mentioned above. it was rough but there is always hope. 

There was a baptism in a different ward on Saturday and we brought our investigator P. with us. P. is Catholic and didn't have much interest to change, but wanted to see a baptism. I think she really felt the Spirit and she even said that she will come to church this next week which is a big step because before she said that she didn't want to come. 

The mission is going to combine our sectors this next transfer so the ward is only going to have one set of missionaries. and there going to close one of our houses, but we don't know which, and which missionaries are leaving.... 

Sunday was the best because our investigator M. came, M. with her husband L. and they all stayed for all 3 meetings. but the best was that D. came to church!!!!! D. is who hna C. and I taught and baptized back in february and he hasnt come to church in almost 3 months. But surprise he came to church! and he shared his testimony in class. He said that this week he almost died because he fell asleep in a closed room with a heater that emitted carbon monoxide. he woke up in the middle of the night and he couldn't breath and it took all his strength just to open a window. He said he believes that God saved him and now he needs to make things right and come back to church and be better. 

I almost cried I was so happy. It made the whole week worth it just to see the change in him and his desire to come back. It was a miracle that i never even thought to ask for.

On Sunday I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting about the Sacrament and how we need to be more reverent and understand the meaning of the ordinance. It went well. 

We still only have two outlets that work and la she was saved because it still worked in the morning haha. 

I'm not really sure what else to say, only that we`re working hard and yes we make lots of mistakes everyday but the Lord is helping us. 

I know that miracles are real, that God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us. I am so grateful for my time here and to be a missionary. I feel very weak, but i know that He helps me everyday and I'm grateful for every trial. I wish I could be a missionary for forever, a year and a half isn't long enough :)

thanks for the emails and support! have a great week!

love, hermana williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment