Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 27, 2015 - The Best Year of my Life!

hola familia y amigos!

Well first of all, Happy Birthday to Grandma Jean!!!! I love you a lot and I hope it was a great day and I thought about you and I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and kiss, but next year for sure. 

Second.... wow, I didn't think that so many people would be so worked up about me not chopping wood hahaha. Don't worry, my companion is going to teach me, our goal for this transfer is for me to chop wood like a pro. 

This week the biggest stress has been trying to teach everything to P before her baptism this Saturday. She got sick and she´s not the kind of person you just stop on by her house to say hi, (she lives in a closed apartment complex and she has to give us permission to enter or the guard won't let us in) so it was a little crazy just trying to figure everything out. But as of right now she's on track for Saturday and really excited! 

We had a noche de hogar with the menos activo J, we brought a member with us and talked about the Atonement and he promised that he would come to church on Sunday, and he came! But only stayed for Sacrament Meeting. 

We found another menos activa named P. Her husband and her 20 year old son are members less actives too and she has two little babies to take care of now. She expressed to us that she feels alone and zero support from her family, so we`re going to be working with her more to help her feel better and start coming back to church. 

We taught our converso reciente E who is the sweetest! Her testimony is really strong. more than anything she is a little lonely so she likes it when we come over once a week to teach her. She always makes us food. This week we feasted upon sopaipillas and we also ate lunch with her on Saturday and she made lasagna, bread, salad, and pancakes with manjar. She used to cook in a restaurant so all her food is delicious. 

On friday the Relief Society had a big activity where they watched the movie "Meet the Mormons" and we brought P and she already feels very part of the ward and has lots of friends and we were able to teach her afterwards. 

Saturday we taught another recent convert, V who wants to serve a mission! she`s really awesome! She speaks english really well. 

We also got to know M and E, a couple that the elders before us found but now are our new investigators. They have two new baby boy twins! They`re so cute! I told them that I'm a twin and E asked me if I get along with my twin and I said yes, we are best friends:) but they were really awesome and receptive, but it was a little awkward because M's mom stopped by and was listening and she´s apparently super Catholic and had kind of a bad attitude towards us, but that's okay! We had the Spirit! 

It rained a lot this week again, but we had fun. You can tell I have a good amount of time in the mission because i'm sorry to report that my rain boots have holes in them.... and hna B's boots got holes within 2 weeks haha. 

Hna B and I gave talks in church on Sunday! She did a really good job, I was so proud of her! We tried to animate the ward members to share the gospel. I also sang with hna V S who is going to live here in puerto varas now. We sang "Abide with me tis eventide". I just love singing so much. 

Well I don't have much time to write, my 1 hour is almost over. But this week was great and went by way too fast. Thanks for all the emails, especially all the photos of C he really is the cutest baby alive. 

this week I will complete 1 year as a missionary and I can't believe it, so much has happened and now I can't imagine life without the nametag. I'm so grateful for every single day, the good and the bad, all 365. This really has been the best year of my life.  I'm so grateful to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

love, hermana williams

No comments:

Post a Comment